Now pause that story.
Travel back in time with me to a year ago when I had long hair that was bor-ing. So I secretly got a layery haircut and didn't tell Bowman. The next morning, I styled it and make the layers look lovely before Bowman woke up. Then I shook him and said, "Good morning! Notice anything... different? (as I swayed my gorgeous hair around and around). His response, while scrutinizing me: "Did you dye your eyebrows?" I had no response to that.
Annnnnd, back to the present and unpause.
So I took the picture, with the make up. And I fake smiled, because I couldn't help it. It's only 2x2 on the application, and they don't know me anyway. Yeah, this is not my best picture. Moving on. When I finished the picture, I forgot about the make up, and I ran out the door to run some errands. Unknowingly, however, I made a fatal error in doing so, drastically altering my looks, because later that night, Bowman did a double-take and then squinted at me as we made dinner. He opened his mouth and what do you think came out?
"Whoa... did you shave your eyebrows?"
...
Does it LOOK like I shaved my eyebrows???
I'll show ya some eyebrows! Just kidding, I will not, I think we all understand. For the record, I don't alter my eyebrows, except for the occasional uni-brow maintenance! (Please note, I do not have a unibrow, but sometimes there are stray hairs that wish they were a unibrow, and they must be taught who's boss.)
3 comments:
That's hilarious. I guess it helps to point people in the right direction, like "notice anything different - about my hair?"
Don't worry, you have beautiful eyebrows. Bowman will soon learn to avoid making unsolicited comments about your appearance. ha ha! :-D
Steph, You've been blogging voraciously and I had no idea. Your picture made me laugh--fake smile and all--but you still look great!
you guys are so funny. I think your eye brows are fabulous! I've actually never noticed them...which I guess is a good thing!
Post a Comment