Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Utah, Virginia, and all the things in between

Lately I have had no motivation to blog. I would so much rather play with Rayna, clean my house (what??), and do other things that don't involve uploading pictures onto my computer, and then onto the blog. Does anyone else cringe when they think about uploading pictures with Blogger? Such a pain. I shouldn't complain, but seriously, I don't like it.

But we have been doing fun stuff! And I want to blog about it, so with minimal pictures here's what we've been up to (in outline form, because I miss school):

1. LOVING our time in Utah and Idaho. That was seriously such a great trip. Rayna survived, despite a few upsets in her emotional stability... poor girl, traveling is hard on babies.
a. I love Provo. I never consciously acknowledged this until we moved. And I loved how when I came back to visit, everything was exactly the same.

b. I also love Boise. We had such a blast there! Rayna loved all her new friends, new clothes, and new toys!

2. Flying back to Texas and putting our shorts and t-shirts back on! Yay! We haven't gone back to sweatshirts since!

3. Driving through Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and finally Virginia.
a. We ate crawfish in the heart of Cajun country and it was delicious. We stood out like sore thumbs because we had no accents. And we got plenty of stares after we had to ask the waitress how to eat the things.
b. A combination of circumstances (too boring to explain them all) made us end up going to church on the way as plainclothes Mormons. Have you ever gone to sacrament meeting in jeans? Very awkward.

4. Getting settled into a beautiful new apartment!
a. New paint.
b. New carpet.
c. Enough said.

5. Enjoying life in Virginia. We had such a nice Memorial Day weekend, just doing a big puzzle, relaxing in the bath, eating fudge from cute little boxes, sleeping in the swing, and doing the new trick of standing against the wall.

So I ended up biting the bullet and uploading all the pictures. :)

10 comments:

Emily said...

Don't worry, I despise the chore of uploading pictures as well. I think we all do! I love all the adventures you are having! Rayna is the cutest ever :)

Megan said...

Rayna is looking so cute! We miss you guys!

Wendy said...

Okay...she is so so so CUTE! I love the hooded towel picture. Glad you guys are doing well! :)

Kimber said...

I love Rayna's new trick! So cute!

Becca Meservy said...

TOO CUTE!!! I love the "Look! I can stand against a wall!" picture!
We sure miss you guys, but you got out just in time to not donate to the Save the Mosquitoes Blood Bank. Have fun in VA!

Dave and Sherri said...

WOW! What a fun adventure - well, minus the baby in the car bit. :) She is growing up to be such a beautiful baby! I can't belive how big she is! I'm glad you're doing well in VA! Good luck! We miss seeing you guys!

Marcie said...

It is good to hear from you. The pictures are fun to see, thanks for the hard work and dealing with that. Rayna is getting so big. She is a doll. Maylee occationally brings her name up in conversation. Yesterday she found another binky and told me that Rayna and Ginny have binkies. She is too smart. Anyway, I'm glad you are doing well.

maria said...

leaning against the wall is my favorite!
I also cannot stand uploading pictures into Blogger. So annoying to wait, cut/paste, load more, wait. Glad you put so many pictures on your blog, though.

Michelle said...

we are so glad you are here!

davy said...

Rayna is very cute. Grandpa Burton too!