Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Smiling!

More than a few people noticed Rayna's "look" in the last picture I put up. It's true, she does seem less than amused... But two weeks ago she started my absolute *favorite* thing in the world.



Such a dollface! I can't get over it.

In other news... The other day I was in the middle of getting ready for the day, and I had the most miraculous thought. I thought, "Wow, today I feel like my old self again!" And when I realized what I had just thought, I felt like yelling, "Self! You're back!" Since Rayna was born there have been so many times that I thought I would never feel like myself again. But I am here to tell you that bodies do recover from childbirth! I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight and I feel like I can do most things I did before.

Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to preserve my health and sanity through sleep. Rayna is six and a half weeks old, which I don't think is too early to try for a schedule, even if it's a loose one. Rayna sleeps for a few hours at a time during the day, but unfortunately finds the time between 10 pm and 2 am to be the most exciting time to be awake. Maybe it's because Mommy looks a little frightening by this point every night (er, morning). I'm working on shortening her daytime naps to help this, but the fact is, the girl sleeps when she wants to sleep, and there's not much I can do about it, short of yelling in her face (which I haven't tried, don't worry).


By the time she finally does fall asleep at night it's always in my arms or on my chest. While I type that I'm guiltily thinking, "I know, I know" because I'm training her to expect to be held in order to sleep. But by 3:00, I've long since passed the point of caring about any kind of training. We'll see how our schedule shifting goes, and work on the falling asleep techniques sometime later.


Despite the sleep patterns, I love being with Rayna. She is so sweet and it melts my heart when she stops crying as she sees my face. She is such a doll and I'm enjoying every day! (even if nights are a different story, haha)

3 comments:

Kimber said...

First post! Ha. Your baby is my favorite baby.

Marcie said...

I never doubted that you would have any problems getting back to your normal size. You are awesome!

Emily said...

six weeks, thats crazy girl! i've never even been pregnant and i know thats amazing. and she's so adorable!