Happy Birthday Bowman! There are so many great things I could say about him, but pictures tell the story better. Here are a few (random, out of order) pictures of the birthday boy:
He is the most wonderful dad. This is him trying to watch the NBA Finals while Rayna joyfully yanked his hair with her clammy baby hands.
If he looks a little cold here, it's because it was the middle of December in barren southern Idaho, and I was wearing his coat while I took this picture. So gallant and so generous. At Malad Gorge.
One of our "classics." This picture has popped up in a lot of places through the years: our blog, our photo books, our coffee table. He has always planned the funnest dates and activities for us to do together. This was our second date, "fishing" over the edge of the BYU bell tower.
Another "classic," for sentimental reasons. Our first date at the BYU football game.
It's my opinion that Bowman lacks some of what I'd call the "healthy sense of fear" that keeps most people alive. Good thing he's able to live out his more dangerous dreams via Photoshop.
This is more realistic. Could he have fallen and gotten seriously injured? Maybe, but with his excellent coordination, it wasn't likely. In Yellowstone.
I love that Bowman has plenty of confidence. Why should he care what people think when he wears his DI-conglomerate pajamas while camping?
Bowman has an all-encompassing talent called "being good at stuff." And that includes riding horses. Somehow, having never owned horses himself, he's always able to make them do whatever he wants, without falling off. Compare his easy smile and relaxed posture to my straining neck muscles and white knuckles.
In a word, cool.
Have you met Bowman in person before? If you have, you'll understand exactly what I mean when I say he is a champion button-pusher. He has an uncanny ability to figure out what your buttons are, and then to push them. Repeatedly. Oh sure, it's infuriating in the moment, but later you can laugh about it. Sort of. That big random shoe is mine, trying to kick his lovely dirt-stained, slouchy old tube-socked feet off my lap! Politely of course, as we were still only dating at this point. :)
I also love that Bowman has an appreciation for the finer things of life. Never mind that this is a woman's hat (that he gave to me for Christmas), it's warm and lovely and soft and he'll wear it to bed if he wants to. With one of my green damask "for decoration ONLY" throw pillows in the mix too!
Sometimes Bowman asks me to call him Michael Jordan. Just kidding, but I should, because he is good! I love watching him play basketball, and it makes me so sad to realize our intramural days are over.
This guy is so helpful. So many times I have found myself over my head in the kitchen, in school, or with a church calling, only to have Bowman at my side asking what he can do to help.
One more "awesome dad" picture. :) He has enough enthusiasm to entertain her endlessly. These two would seriously feed off of each other's silliness for eternity if Rayna didn't need food and a decent night's rest every so often. And as the wife and the mom, I am so grateful for this. It means the world to me to see my family so happy, and to know that Bowman's giving his all to it. He knows what's important.
Happy Birthday Bowman!










2 comments:
You guys are so cute. :)
Haha! I remember you trying to explain the fishing date to us. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment