Friday, August 5, 2011

Just pictures

My lastest project: a bath/swim robe. I like how it turned out, and if I ever make another one I know where NOT to mess up now :)
She likes wearing it, but she reminds me of our "unfortunate incident" every time she puts it on. I had  her try it on partway through making it. She was really excited to wear it, but burst into tears immediately after I put it on her. There was a stray pin in the armpit! Poor baby. Now whenever I get it out she tells me, "Owwwwwwwwww."
I took her on the pony ride at the zoo. She was petrified for about 10 seconds before deciding she loved it. She spent the ride bouncing in the saddle (on purpose) and doing her "neigh" noise over and over.
Playing in her baby car seat. She could spend her whole day clipping and unclipping the "bups" (buckles). She looks so huge in this little seat!
Hyrum, Meagan, and Brigs came to visit! It's safe to say that Rayna is truly wholly completely in love with the baby. And his binky.
Clicking around the room in Meagan's heels, with her own shoes on underneath. :)
Aunt Hannah sent some pictures of Baby Joanna and Rayna LOVES them. She carried them around and told some stories in gibberish with "baby" thrown in every so often.
Smiling for the camera. And some wild hair!
Bowman got a babysitter and took me on a date for my birthday! We ate delicious pho and had my new favorite drink ever: bubble tea! Mmm, tapioca pearls!
After dinner we went to Wolf Trap to see Disney in Concert with the National Symphony Orchestra. Perfect weather and so fun!
Bowman offered to make me a birthday cake, but told me he realized I would probably like to make my own... he knows me! The final choice: turtle cheesecake. I am in love!
But a word to the wise: don't make an entire cheesecake in a new city where you don't have at least 15 people to come share with you! Large amounts of available cheesecake are dangerous! It's going to have to go into the freezer.
Recipe from here.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady! I love that shirt. Also, save me some cheesecake. :)