Rayna is talking so much lately. I like to think I understand what she's saying, but then she'll come up with something new and it takes me a few more days to decipher it. She makes an honest effort to tell me things, which I love! Here's a typical day in the life of talking to her:
Bips!! Plain. Tortilla. Cheddar. Sour Cream and Onion in this particular picture. It doesn't matter, she just loves chips! If Rayna was in charge of shopping I'm pretty sure our entire budget would be spent on chips and juice.
 |
| The tasty bip, in her right hand |
 |
| Saying "cheese," which is always perfectly pronounced |
Moussssse? (not to be confused with "moose" or "mousse," neither of which she says) This one's always said with a question mark. The exact meaning is, "Can I please please please
pretty please watch the Mickey Mousssssssse movie?"
 |
| Can't tear her eyes away for even the second it takes to say her customary "cheese" |
Droll? Also a request, for the stroller. She loves to get it out, but ironically gets tired of riding after 10 minutes and instead wants to push it herself. Makes for some interesting (and sometimes painfully long) walks. :)
Oo oo ah ah tizz!!! Most of her words can be understood by strangers using context clues I think, but this one requires some background! First, Ray loves the "baaaa!!!!" (bath) which includes "bubbos" (bubbles, of course) and "oo oo ah ah tizz," which is her soap. This particular bottle happens to have a picture of monkeys on it, which explains the oo oo ah ah part. And because Rayna's all grown up and stuff these days, this kind of body wash is for
kids (as opposed to babies I guess), which in Rayna-speak comes out "tizz!!!" I told her about the "kids" part once, after I bought it, and apparently it meant a lot to her because every time she gets in the bath she gets all sorts of excited about washing up with some "oo oo ah ah tizz."
 |
| Bending to wash her legs. She loves washing herself! |
 |
| Washing the face |
Wimmy. She loves it! We go swimming at least a few times a week. And Rayna's favorite part, at least lately, is putting on her swimming suit. I had to try it on her when we bought it to make sure it fit, and taking it off resulted in what was probably the biggest dressing-room spectacle those Target employees have seen in a long time. When I put it on her again at home to actually go swimming she spent quite a while admiring herself in the mirror and fluffing the tutu over and over. What a diva!
 |
| SOO happy to look at her beautiful self |
 |
| Fluffing the skirt |
 |
| Hahaha! "Smiling" for the picture |
 |
| She played at these fountains in Boise and had the time of her life! |
Dass. Glasses. More specifically, sunglasses. She loves to wear them. She loves for me to wear them. She loves to talk about them.
 |
| Feeling like a movie star on her way to the pool |
Boosh. A girl who wears sunglasses needs a purse to put them in, am I right? She loves this purse, and frankly, so do I! It's the perfect thing to take in the car, to a restaurant, while running errands, etc. I put some little toys and snacks in there and she's perfectly happy to carry it around herself.
 |
| Lovin the outfit. I didn't choose it. Footwear to be spotlighted in a moment. |
 |
| Her fashion blogger pose |
Boops. These are the cutest gift ever from her shoe aunt, Megan. Rayna's first word every morning is "shoes!!", usually followed by "boops!" In the daily ritual of 25 changes of shoes, the boots cycle through every couple of hours or so.
There are so many more words, but these ones were some of my favorites. She is so funny and I love that she's learning to say so much! Not included in this post are "tee" #1 (kitty), "tee" #2 (teeth), "tee" #3 (keys), "tee" #4 (kids, when she's in a non-tizz sort of mood), and "tee" #5 (thank you, obviously).
3 comments:
She is her mother's daughter! I LOVE the fashion blogger pose--so true!
So darling! Tee!
She's a true Girl, loving shoes so much! I'm so proud, as I am sure, you are as well! I love you guys so much and miss you. Give Rayna a kiss for me.
Post a Comment