![]() |
| A picture of one of my affected shirts. The hole's roughly the size of the head of a pin. |
Rayna: My first thought was Rayna, because sweet as she is, she's got a few pairs of velcro shoes. I figured the velcro was snagging my shirt when I picked her up/held her. But my mom had holes in shirts that she'd never worn while holding Rayna or other kids, so... rejected.
Granite countertops: My mom's friend told her this was the explanation, which could make sense, except that my counters aren't granite (yet... haha) and I still had the holes. So not the counters.
Belt buckles: Also makes sense since they're in the same area where these holes turn up. But I almost never wear belts, and plus, my lovely sundress, which could in no way be worn with a belt, also has a hole. So not this one either.
Google and I got down to business on it, and here are a few other ideas:
Non-granite counters? Smoother, but potentially just as destructive?
Seatbelts? Seems pretty plausible. But why doesn't every shirt have a hole then? It seems like the holes are mostly in knit shirts.
Washing machine trauma (including agitators that go wild, extra harsh detergents, and zipper rips)? Not likely, since these holes are in the same place in every shirt.
My favorite theory, in this forum:
Increased acidity in the navel area. That's... an interesting idea... haha.
Has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas where these are coming from?

8 comments:
My theory is that the little guy inside just wants to say hello. So he pokes his little fingers and toes out, and sometimes, his nails aren't clipped and so they break through~ :) haha. That was a funny post Steph.
This happens to me sometimes. I always thought it was from the brads that are on Jean pockets.
Yes, this totally happens to me. My t-shirts have a short life span because it happens so quickly. The holes, or at least mine, come from leaning on the kitchen counter when I do dishes. The t-shirt rubs between the counter and the button on my pants. Maybe an apron would help?
um, no, this doesn't happen to me. but you seriously make me laugh so hard.
My sister-in-law had the same problem! The answer she and my mother-in-law settled on (that I also agree with) is that the top corner of your pants that sticks out--you know near the button?--rubs on the same spot of your shirts. Most of your shirts you wear with pants that button, yes? I believe this solves the mystery, perhaps.
Although it doesn't explain the dress ... and Nathan is saying it isn't the corner of the pants, but the button that rubs against it when you lean up against something. I'm in favor of the pants corner theory, though.
I thought it was just me and my shirts...but apparently I am one of many! haha.. I love that you blogged about this great mystery. And what great theories. I just always assumed my shirts were cheap and wasn't too surprised that something happened to them. Another excuse to go shopping, right?
I have this problem too! If you figure it out, you have to let me know what causes it. So far, Maria's theory seems the most plausible.
Post a Comment