Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What we do when we're sick

Wear pajamas. Blow noses. Guzzle Emergen-C like there's no tomorrow. (Btw, that stuff is good! Mmm fizzy!) We are sick around here, but when Rayna is napping and I'm free to lay on the couch with my blanket and organize all the pictures on my computer, it's not too bad. And whilst organizing, I uploaded some cute pictures of Rayna from the recent past.

A month or two ago I put her hair into its first ever ponytail! She's generally pretty tolerant of me doing her hair, as long as I'm willing to move with her as she walks around doing her thing.

Just being cute in the bathtub. She likes to stick her face under the water as it fills up, and then blow bubbles in the water while she's in there.


Now that she can walk everywhere, she's also getting good at climbing and getting over and around stuff. One day I came out of one of the bedrooms and I couldn't find her! I looked and looked and finally found her standing on the safe in the back corner of my closet, just hanging out. Silly girl.

This girl LOVES LOVES LOVES her red shoes. She must be a girly-girl at heart, because I didn't teach her anything about them. She brings them to me almost every day and wants me to put them on her. The morning of this picture she still had her pajamas on, but the material is too thick to wear the shoes on top of the footsies, so we unzipped, took off the legs, and walked around for most of the morning half-dressed, but with some fancy shoes gosh darn it. :)


In her beautiful party dress after church. Happy as a clam in the red shoes.

On Valentine's Day I made my traditional sugar cookies, and I had some left over that I just planned to slap some frosting on and call it good. Rayna came begging for some (she somehow instinctively knows when something is a sugary dessert, even if she's never seen it before) so I let her lick the frosting.

Enjoying her Valentine's treat from Bowman. The child loves sugared cereal (and who can blame her?)

Sometimes she refuses to eat dinner while sitting in her high chair, and Bowman, being the push-over dad, lets her sit on the table and eat off his plate. :) I don't mind I guess. He was making her laugh so hard this night, and for no reason at all. All he did was clap his hands and she dissolved into giggles!

Rayna has learned that the fridge holds all sorts of mysterious and delicious treasures, and now begs me on a regular basis to open it up. I keep a snack on the bottom shelf that she can just grab herself when I open it. I guess I forgot to put the snack away, because I came into the kitchen to find her squatting over the bowl of grapes, blanket in hand, just muching away.




This is what we did all day yesterday: lounge in sweatpants and drink juice. Poor girl. Today we did our hair at least. I don't like being sick, but I especially don't like hearing Rayna cough and choke on mucus (sick) and see her all miserable. Hopefully she gets feeling better soon!!


2 comments:

Dave and Sherri said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe how grown up she looks. She is ADORABLE!!! I love seeing what amazing parents you two are! Two thumbs up from me :) xoxo

Gina said...

Oh, get well soon! At least Rayna is the most adorable thing to look at while you're sick :). Seriously, she is soooo cute!