Monday, March 21, 2011

The Good Stuff

1. Bagels with cream cheese. Is there a more satisfying breakfast/morning snack/lunch/afternoon snack/dinner when Bowman isn't home? No there is not! The best part is eating a delicious first half, and then realizing you still have another half to enjoy. And flavors! Possibilities are endless.

2. Finding an unopened Powerade in the fridge that I did not put there, and realizing at that exact moment that a Powerade is exactly what I wanted! What a lovely coincidence! Thank you universe, for giving me such a perfectly timed and mysteriously appearing gift!

3. A 3-hour nap for Rayna. Good for her, good for me, and good for the overall cleanliness of my house.

4. Being the Relief Society pianist. Wonderful calling! It's second only to my dream calling as "Regulator." I once talked to to someone who described this fantasy calling, and ever since I have dreamed of its possibilities. Responsibilities of the regulator include: cutting power to the mic at five minutes after the hour, choosing all hymns, and extensive training for ward members on a variety of subjects including appropriate bell rings, building temperature controls, and proper talk structure (e.g. no cheesy stories about "avoiding Brother So-and-so" who asked you to speak). But.... as the pianist I can choose two hymns a week, and that's great for now. :)

5. Price matching at Walmart. It's like naming your own price! Except that you don't make it up, you do your homework on it. And even though that pineapple was only 40 cents (why is there no cent sign on the keyboard?) cheaper than at Smith's, that's 40 cents I am putting away for our CRUISE in May! Wooo!!

Life has a lot to be happy about. :)

2 comments:

Kimber said...

I just ventured into the world of price matching this week! A pound of strawberries for only 88 cents! So I bought four pounds...and have more strawberries than I know what to do with.

Dave and Sherri said...

Love it! You're such an amazing lady - so easy to look up to! Keep the uplifting and motivating thoughts coming! Bring on the bagels and poweraid! :)