A Distant Prayer: Miracles of the 49th Combat Mission
by Joseph Banks and Jerry Borrowman
This is Joseph Banks' own telling of his experiences on a B-17 bomber in WWII. At that time, crews had to fly 50 missions before they could be discharged and given another, safer assignment. Banks and his crew members were shot down on their 49th mission. It's a simply told, but really compelling story about his experience as a prisoner of war and his faith that sustains him through the whole experience. It's a pretty quick read, only 128 pages, and you won't want to put it down until you've finished it.
Driven
Larry Miller's autobiography
If you live in Utah, you probably know who Larry H. Miller was. Having only lived in Utah for the past 4 years or so, I knew... sort of... who he was. His autobiography is so interesting-- it gives such cool information about the man who made Utah (and specifically Salt Lake) so much of what it is now. From his start in the car business to buying the Jazz to builing SLCC, it's a totally fascinating story. I'm not a particularly business-minded person (haha, Accounting 200 was not a pretty experience), but even I liked reading about his business ventures and all that he did. Just his personality is incredible. "Driven" is the perfect description.


1 comment:
I feel so honored to be mentioned on your blog. You have just made my day!
Post a Comment