My parents gave me a sewing machine for Christmas last year, and since then I have found a new love. It's so fun to have projects to make! My mom is great-- she answers my sewing questions and patiently listens when I call her up in a fit of excitement about a new project I'm doing. Thanks Mom!
This is the quilt I made for my friend Kim. Her baby is due in 2 weeks! It's so weird to me that we have kids.... It seems like only yesterday we were at Mutual on Wednesdays, first in line for refreshments, ahead of even the deacons.... Anyway, the quilt!
 |
| Finally finished! This project took me the longest of any so far. If you are ever considering making one of these.... call me first. |
 |
| Monkeys on the back |
 |
| Close-up of the texture. You make it by sewing 5 layers of unwashed flannel together. Sew parallel lines every 1/2 inch (you see why it took forever?), then cut the top 3 layers. Wash it, and it comes out soft and squiggly and so comfy. |
My mom gave me this sewing "kit" for Christmas this year. It had the material and the instructions, and all I had to do was cut it out and sew it together! This was the shortest project I have ever made, by far, which was a welcome relief after that last one. :) Thanks again Mom!
 |
| And it's reversible! |
2 comments:
Holy cow! You're amazing! I've done one of those blankets before - I can't believe you're giving it away :) She must be one special friend. Your bag is cute too! What can I say, you continue to amaze me with all your skills :)
You are so crafty!!!!!
Post a Comment