Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Rayna!

Happy Birthday Rayna!!! I can't believe it! A WHOLE YEAR since the day I held that tiny baby for the first time. It has been the best year of my life so far. Rayna is the sweetest, cutest baby I have ever seen (no bias here) and I am so lucky to have her. Bowman and I love everything about her. Rayna, WE LOVE YOU!!!

Last week I watched all the videos we took during the first week after she was born. They're beautiful and perfect and she looks exactly the same back then as she does now. I can't believe it. After that I had to go back and look through all of the pictures we've taken, and believe me that's a lot of pictures. But it's so crazy to realize how much she's grown and changed. Here's a year in pictures:

January 25, 2010
Just a few hours after being born
Sweet newborn baby! Still nameless at this point :) (Provo, UT)

1 month (Lake Jackson, TX)

2 months (Lake Jackson, TX)

3 months (Boise, ID)

4 months (Annandale, VA)

5 months (Annandale, VA)

6 months (Annandale, VA)

7 months (Annandale, VA)

8 months (Provo, UT)

9 months (Boise, ID)

10 months (Provo, UT)

11 months (Eagle Mountain, UT)

12 months!!! (Eagle Mountain, UT)
Rayna is so smart and so happy. Some of the things she loves are:
- Getting chased around the house
- Pretending to talk on the phone (and she's not picky about what the "phone" is either. Any object will do)
- Pretending to eat (or feed me) her little plastic groceries
- Walking around with her grocery cart and lawnmower
- Grabbing the frame with our family picture and say (in a fast, loud, excited voice), "Dadadadadadadadadad!" and pointing with her finger at his face
- DOGS DOGS DOGS
- All stuffed animals, especially her new ones (Thanks Dan and Leslie and Uncle Ben!)
- Carrying a golf ball around the house in her hand
- Sneaking in my bathroom and taking everything out of the cupboards
- Finding the Q-tips in that cupboard and putting each one systematically in her mouth
- Lots of attention from her favorite people

Happy Birthday Rayna!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Hannah and Garett said...

so cute. your little girl is so precious!!!!:)

Daniel said...

Oh we love Rayna

Gina said...

Happy Birthday beautiful Rayna!! I can't believe how time flew by so quickly! She is so adorable. I hope she had a wonderful first birthday!

Michelle said...

She is so stinkin' cute!

Cami Rivas said...

I remember this little one when she looked like the first picture! I always did think you were amazing, Steph, because such a short time after giving birth you were traveling cross-country! But she has grown so much and is SO beautiful! Love the post! I saw that you wrote on Meagan's blog and wanted to say hi. Hope you and Bowman (and baby) continue to do well! Love from the Rivas Family!

Dave and Sherri said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe it's been a year! She is amazingly spectacular! What a beautiful little lady. Please give her a kiss and hug from us! xoxo

Meghan and Randy said...

Oh my gosh she is so adorable! And she has lived in 3 states by the time she turned one! I cannot wait to see y'all this summer!

sojay said...

The same except that she was miniature--the little pink pants!! It's wonderful to hear about everything.

Bryan and Nancy said...

Wow! Already??? She is one lucky girl to have you two as parents. I LOVED the birth story too!