So, the lack of recent posts... we ran into some computer issues a couple weeks ago. And by "computer issues" I mean my computer won't turn on. Very sad. So here is a picture-less post while we wait for the computer to be fixed.
Tomorrow we are flying out to Utah for Hyrum's wedding! Pray for Rayna's sanity on the plane, haha. Hopefully the toothbrush and the wooden spoon (a new favorite!) will be exciting enough to ward off the meltdowns. :)
Our Utah trip is a short one-- we're coming back Saturday, in time to meet up with my parents and grandparents who are spending the next week with us out here! I have been looking forward to this week all summer!
Rayna turned 6 months last week. I can't believe it! A few updates on her...
- No crawling, but she tolerates tummy time pretty well these days! Remember the old days of misery and suffering? I have yet to actually see her scoot with my own eyes, but several times I have left the room for a minute and come back to find her facing a different direction than before I left her. We shall see.. for now I am still enjoying her immobility. I don't want to baby-proof the house!
- Her personality is so fun to see. Lately she loves: touching Bowman's hair (a little strange), her wooden spoon, and peek-a-boo. We rarely get through a round of peek-a-boo without a big gummy smile. So precious! She has a new "cheeseball" smile that involves full gums, squinty eyes, and her head tipped backward. Where in the world did she learn it?
- No teeth yet. One time we saw a white bump we thought was a tooth. I was very happy to find out it was actually not a tooth but a very tooth-like looking cyst on her gum. Harmless and almost completely disappeared by now.
- She's developed a new kind of cry. It's actually more of a furious yell. I think of it as the "I kid you not" yell. As in, "I WILL scream myself into a coma if you don't give me what I want, I kid you not." It's quite loud, very urgent, and she stops the moment her request is granted. She's a very clear communicator. :)
I look at pictures of her as a newborn and she is so different! Still, I can see my "regular" baby in the face of the "tiny new" baby she used to be. She is so fun!
3 comments:
That's seriously all you can stay in UT? That's a super fast trip! :) I'm sure Rayna will do fine on the plane - esecially with her most loved toys. Love the whole smile thing and the scream thing - cracks me up. These little ones really do find ways of their own to communicate, huh? :)
That's so funny! We are actually flying to D.C tomorrow for a wedding. I hear the Virginia summer has been completely miserable! Your little Rayna is so cute!
I LOVE the update, and loved that you came over the other day! Thanks for visiting! I just love you and little Rayna. love you!
Post a Comment