On Saturday morning we had a ward breakfast in the park to celebrate the holiday. Rayna is not an early-riser, so starting at 8:00 meant she was a little touchy during the festivities. But we had a great time and we really love our ward here.
Since this is probably our only summer in D.C., we decided not to miss the chance to see the fireworks downtown. We braved the crowds (and by "crowds" I mean CROWDS AND CROWDS AND CROWDS) and set up camp next to the Iwo Jima Memorial. We tried the National Mall, but the view was better and the crowds (slightly) better up a little higher where we were. It was really cool to see the fireworks going off with the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument, and the Capitol all right in a row with each other. Rayna was an angel, so we all had a good time. :)


Rayna was mesmerized by the fireworks! I thought she would be scared, but we were a good distance away: close enough to see, but far enough that it wasn't too loud.
Do you see those awful bites on my arm? The mosquito bites I've gotten here have turned into huge, purple nightmares!
She was "drinking" again, can you tell?Today Bowman has the day off of work (hooray!), so we're having a barbeque with the Holbrooks and taking it easy!
P.S. For some reason my last post got put beneath the video of Rayna waking up. In case you wanted to see but didn't know it was there :)





3 comments:
Yea! Happy 4th of July. What a great place to be for this holiday! I am so happy you're taking advantage of where you are and enjoying every minute! You guys are the best! :)
Wow. What a celebration!
Your little Rayna is adorable! I love her drinking. Ha!
I'm so impressed that you guys went downtown, good job! We didnt' dare brave it with our two guys. I am so glad you guys went though. Such fun pictures! Sorry we missed the bbq yesterday too. Mike took Damon and was gone from 10 am until almost 4! they had a great day, and Brixton and I had a wonderfully long nap!
Post a Comment