But first I want to share pictures (a lot of pictures, heads up) and stories about our way fun trips these last few weekends! Two weekends ago we went to the historic town of Gettysburg! I kept this to myself that day, but I was completely confused when we got there and I found out it was in Pennsylvania... apparently we had not been traveling south for the past hour and a half. And apparently I got nothing out of those American History classes. Good thing we have a GPS for when I take my turns driving back to Utah. Anyway.
We had a really terrific tour guide and learned all sorts of stories and facts about the place and the battle. Plus, we got to try on multiple items of historic clothing!
This last weekend, we decided to be bold, and attempted to see all the top New York City sites in one day. It was...exhausting, but also really, really cool! Actually, the buses we took there and back were really, really not-cool, but other than that, we had a great time. Our to-do list included:
Wicked (on Broadway)
Times Square
Central Park
5th Avenue
Empire State Building
Ground Zero/Wall Street
Brooklyn Bridge
Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island
We saw it all, minus Wicked, unfortunately. The shows that day were sold out, so we made multiple trips across the city to enter drawings for tickets, but no luck. We saw pretty much everything else, plus more, and at the end of the day, we had tons of pictures, lots of food, and the sorest feet I've ever experienced in my life, including my wedding day when I wore beautiful, awful high heels.
uninhibited sunbathers in the quiet section (which actually means "bikinis only" section) of the park
in front of the Empire State Building (it was hard to get far away enough to fit it in the picture!)
Statue of Liberty, as seen from our ferry as we rode past(we missed the ferries that actually go there because we tried to get those Wicked tickets)
Times Square(the difference between noon and midnight is that 5x more people are there. At midnight! It's crowded!)
And now, for the explanation of the mysterious title of this post... A tic tac, a blueberry, a sugar packet, a nutter butter (mmm), and a baked potato...
All food items, all delicious, and all comparisons to the increasing size of our growing baby! Yes, we're having baby! And the best news of all: we've graduated to a turkey sub!Isn't that exciting? We are so excited. The due date is officially January 19th, so I am at 19 weeks as of yesterday, and not a pound to show for it. Well, maybe a few pounds... When it starts to look like a baby in there and not just the 3 brownies I had yesterday, I'll put up a picture. It's just because I have such hard abs, the poor baby can't poke through just yet, that's all.
Thanks for reading to the end! It was long, but we've had a lot of adventures these last few weeks!







8 comments:
Yay! Congrats on the baby!
I'm so excited for you guys. You are both going to be awesome parents?
Oh dear, this is SO exciting! Congratulations!
Congratulations Stephanie! I bet your family is thrilled. :) Hope you're feeling okay and all!
Congratulations! Maybe your baby will be born on my birthday (Jan 11) since my baby was born on yours!
CONGRATS!! that is so fun and exciting!
Tic tac, blueberry, etc. very clever!
Jan 19 is Nat & Carlota's anniversary.
Maybe it will be born on Jan 20, inauguration day--also my birthday.
Kimball's in denial.
Yay, I'm so excited for you to have a babyI The food comparisons are hilarious. Can't wait to see some pregnancy pictures.
Post a Comment