Saturday, September 26, 2009

I took a month to catch my breath

Pretty much.... I dropped a bomb on here, and then I let the blog die.

Reasons the blog died:

1. We moved back to Utah
Yellowstone/Grand Teton on the way. Bowman loved the animals and I also did, but from the safe and recommended viewing distance of 25 yards. Bowman's definition of "yards" is flexible depending on how good of a picture he can get, but he wasn't gored or trampled or shot by a ranger, so for this time it was okay.



2. I started student teaching

Hello cute class of 8 girls! Hello to the fact that I come home singing every children's song ever sung in the history of children's songs. If you want to have a job that lets you teach kids important things....makes you laugh every day.... and sends you home happy.... then go get your degree in Special Education!

3. I became the world's best T.A.

Actually maybe not. But I have the power of the gradebook, and it's invigorating!

4. My life got taken over by the best books in the whole history of adventurous, suspenseful, romantic, exciting, awesome books.

But make sure you are ready to invest a chunk of 48 consecutive hours in them. You won't want your reading interrupted by school or sleep or other stuff. And then prepare to be depressed because the next book in the series doesn't come out for a year. But go read them now! For real.

5. I am tired. Maybe from teaching all day, plus class plus work plus reading about Katniss and Peeta. Maybe also because I am lugging this around all day!



A comparison to the baby, not because I actually ate it (but now that I'm typing that.... mmm, Costco, I think I shall pay you a visit today). I realize this is lame, but I cannot find either of our cameras, so I can't take a picture to show the real thing inside my attractive belly! Profile shots coming soon, I promise.

But I thought of some reasons to keep the blog alive too:

1. The bladder prance

I have to document my child's talents! I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet, but marching on my bladder seems to have become a recent favorite.

2. Tickers

A necessity if you have a blog, a baby, and even a shred of self-respect. I'm kidding. But they're still fun.

3. I need a way to celebrate and annouce to world if we're having Bowmina or Stephaan!!!

We have waited weeks and weeks for this ultrasound. How soon can you find out, like 16 weeks? Hello I am 23! We ran into some setbacks, namely insurance, schedules, and more schedules. But finally, finally, finally (do you realize I'm dying?) we are going tonight to get the verdict!

So even though my lists are 5 to 3, keeping the blog alive wins, obviously!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

So...the suspense is killing me. Did you find out what you are having? Do share. Maylee wants to know too.

Michelle said...

i'm so happy to hear your updates. you guys sound great...so now...what is it? we want to know!

Leslie said...

I love your blog! You are hilarious!