Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"March comes in like a lion, what else? Still the snow never melts..."

"April showers will come, so they say. But they don't. And it's May..." Can you guess the musical? It's one of my favorites! This song sounds a little depressing taken out of context, so just imagine you're dancing around in your old-fashioned underwear with all of your girlfriends, dreaming of the summer when you'll marry the handsome farm boys who kidnapped you. Then it's pretty exciting!

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring. I would say the weather is teasing us, but I think it's more accurate to say that it's doing its best to break our spirits and turn them into popsicles. :) We have had a few days in the 50's, but also plenty of snow and wind to remind us that March can actually come in like a lion and leave like one.

Here's what we've been doing to stay sane while we wait for some sun!

I got an awesome job making paint palette treats for a friend's daughter's birthday party. I had so much fun experimenting to find the perfect way to make these beautiful and delicious mini cupcakes and their sugar cookie palettes. 

I thought it would be a happy reminder when we put these window decorations up in the middle of March. Most of the time I just had to laugh. :)

Rayna and I entered our diorama in our library's Peeps diorama contest. We picked a scene from "Go, Dog. Go!" 

We have gotten creative in finding fun indoor activities. These guys splashed and poured and drank the water in these bowls for an hour.

Who knew mixing bowls could be so fun?

Rayna got a bubble necklace from Grammy for Easter. I had to post this because her pointy toes crack me up. :)

Danny has discovered that he can help himself to snacks nowadays. This is good and bad...

Good when it happens like this:

Bad when it happens like this:


Danny's personality is so hilarious. He loooves feeling funny and making other people laugh. He was being such a clown wearing Rayna's boots around. He loved it so much he even started saying, "Boooo!!" (boots) just to remind us how funny he is when he wears them.

Both kids love standing over this heater vent while watching their birds on the deck. Rayna said she felt like a fairy when her dress puffed up.

The Friday before Easter had the most fantasticly awesome weather of the year! We wore short sleeves and loved every minute outside! The kids and I went to an Easter party/egg hunt. I wasn't sure if Danny would care about the egg hunt, but he loved it just as much as Rayna. He was so happy to show me his bucket of treats! 

Short sleeves and squinting in the sun. :) It was awesome.



We were on such a high from the warm weather that day that I came home and got all excited for a picnic in the backyard for dinner. We were optimistic with our sandals, but it had cooled off by dinner time, and pretty soon we were running back inside for sweatshirts, and eventually we just took it inside. Too cold!

One great thing about cooler weather is that our kids are still wearing their warm fuzzy pajamas!


Danny is such a cute little stinker. I love sneaking into his room during naps or at night to see the crazy positions he sleeps in. He's always fitting his feet through the bars, and it makes me laugh every time.

Danny is getting old enough and Rayna is getting patient enough that they sometimes do things together! They were so sweet, eating popcorn and watching their dog show one night, I had to document.


One night I went into the kids' room and found them both sleeping sideways across their beds. 

Danny's feet were poking through, naturally.

Hopefully my next post will be about us wearing flip-flops and playing at the park without gloves!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cute! You have some pretty good ideas for keeping kids happy indoors, I'll probably be utilizing some of those during this scorching summer!

Cami Rivas said...

Your palette treats were SO awesome!! I was VERY impressed! And your little ones are oh so cute. Here in Provo the weather is also being tricky, and so we know how you feel. But you make do and try to have some fun in the mean time, right? My sister says that this brings out the most creativity in us mothers ;)

Jeremy and Natalie said...

They are so adorable! And I love the way you write. :)