Last week, by the numbers:
2.... shirts that Danny finds acceptable to wear. This Cars shirt is one of them.
And this Cars shirt is the other. Attempts to dress him in any other shirts are grounds for a riot, and a riot is exactly what we get.
But he's so cute while he's happily wearing them!
10... seconds for me to de-aril (what is the proper term for this?) this pomegranate. Seriously!! I saw this video floating around facebook, so I decided to try it myself. It is the miracle of 2013! Am I just late to the party, or is everyone else discovering this for the first time too? In any case, I love it. I feel happy when I think about pomegranates now, whereas before I felt like throwing things whenever I wanted to eat those beautiful little red jewels.
30.... minutes these guys spent playing with snow dough! Mix equal parts shaving cream and baking soda and you get cold, crumbly, moldable "snow" that is awesome! Be careful if you make it though, and don't let anyone start exercising two-year-old tendencies for destruction by dumping spoonfuls on the floor before you notice. And speaking of destruction...
18.... sets of four holes each. From a fork. A permanent reminder on my tabletop that a 30-second bathroom break is plenty enough time for a toddler to create a decent masterpiece. A sampling:
23... stuffed dogs in our collection. I have two kids who adore stuffed animals, particularly dogs. We finally decided to sort them and count them up. Actually, almost every one of these dogs gets playtime on a regular basis.
Danny and his favorites: birthday dog and the Tia Maymay dog
Rayna and her favorites: Bolt and another dog. The second favorite changes by the hour, so at this moment it was the tiny one.
1 billion.... times Rayna and Danny sing this song every day. They learned it from Grandpa O, and are singing it constantly. Can you tell what it is?
Here is the real version:
More updates coming soon!
2 comments:
Yay! A blog post from you! I have missed your updates. You are a good mom with two very lucky kids. And, again, it is proven that I must live under a rock because I have never even heard of that song!
I love your children!! I want little Danny to marry Ruby.
Post a Comment