Whenever I have pictures I want to share with my family/friends, I always have the Facebook vs. blog debate. I sort of want to put them on Facebook, but I have never really posted pictures on there, and somehow putting the first set of pictures up is daunting. It seems weird to suddenly start sharing all my random pictures. What do I call my albums? I worry that I'll be like one of those over-sharing Facebook friends that nobody likes. In the end it's always too much and I just stick them on my blog. The people here want to be here, so I feel safe. :)
Facebook album title: Random January and February 2013
I found an old, unopened pack of gum while cleaning out a box of stuff from my freshman year at BYU. I thought it made it to the trash, until one day when I found it in Danny's carseat...? He didn't show any signs of distress after eating those bits of foil, so I guess he's okay!


I hosted a Valentine's craft night night at the beginning of February. We made these cuuuuute heart garlands.
And these picture frames. These were totally my kind of crafts-- quick enough that I didn't lose interest before finishing. :)
We had a Valentine's playgroup party too. The kids made treat bags, played games, ate Valentine's treats that their awesome moms made, and gave each other Valentines. Here are Danny and Ray playing Duck Duck Goose:
I saw some cute fabric and jumbo rick-rack on sale, and I just had to make Rayna a skirt. I thought it would be cute and so quick and easy. Projects are never as quick or easy as I imagine at the store, but it still turned out cute. :)
Valentine's hair
Rayna "gave" Bowman some fingerpaints for his birthday last fall. "He" has gotten great use out of them. :)
Cute little girl in a big apron
Kids eating Valentine's treats (Rayna calls hers "rick-o-lish")
Giant Valentine's sugar cookies. Except for the fact that they took way longer than I wanted, I loved decorating them like this. Next time I have a few hours to kill, I will practice some more of this stuff.
More cookies
Danny's new favorite thing is to sit next to me on the counter while I do stuff. His little crossed ankles were too much, and I had to take a picture.
For our Valentine's dinner, we went fancy and got take-out sushi from the best ever, Sushi Zen. :)
Also, Martinelli's in our monogrammed goblets
Danny loves the game of "take it out, put it back in." He was unloading and reloading Rayna's jewelry box one day, and Rayna and I decided to put everything on him to see what he thought. He liked it for about one second, and then needed to get back to his job of putting it back into the box.
We needed a fun, indoor activity on a snowy day, so I decided to see how the kids liked shaving cream.
The verdict: they sort of liked it, but mostly they liked taking a bath afterward.
Danny is getting adventurous with his climbing. One morning I found him like this:
![]() |
| notice the cereal sprinkled on the floor... |
And ten minutes later, like this:
He has also become the fourth and final member of the family to attempt to claim sole ownership of the Kindle.
I told you these pictures are random... One time we made tie-dyed cupcakes as a treat when we hosted the babysitting group kids
We loved how they turned out.
These two are such a pair. I found them one Saturday morning like this, sharing headphones, zoning out to Korean dramas.
This is Rayna on her actual birthday, with her new birthday betta fish, Boy. (He's a boy.)
On Rayna's birthday, Bowman had to be out of town for work. I decided to make the whole day about her by doing whatever things she wanted to do. If I was washing dishes and she asked me to come play, I stopped right then and played with her. If she wanted to go outside, we went outside that minute. She had a great day, but thankfully birthdays only come once a year, because at the end of the night, this was our kitchen.
Part of my "all about Rayna" day was that I didn't make the picky eater eat anything she didn't want to eat. So for the birthday dinner, we had mac-n-cheese and seaweed!
Grandma Mitchell sent Rayna a beautiful birthday dress in the mail. She was so excited to wear it to church! (Also, Bowman was still gone, so I was still single-parenting that day, which is why I had no energy to fight the sandals battle. :))
When Bowman came back into town, we had a belated birthday party with the heart-shaped birthday cookie that Rayna requested.
The End





























6 comments:
I loved it all! You are such a good mom. Keep up the good, yet hard, work.
Steph, I loved the cookies you made. Those look so good - no wonder Bowman didn't want to eat his.
Wow, the kids looked super cute in every picture. I can hardly stand not seeing them for a few more months.
Love the Valentines Day craft too!
Thanks for sharing all the fun stuff!!
I just love reading about your family. Makes me excited for when Brooke is a little older.
They are so adorable. Loved this "random" post! :)
Oh, and I got a kick out of Bowman watching Korean dramas. Hyrum is obsessed with them too!
Hi there! Just wanted to send a shout out and thank you for reading my blog :) It also helps me remember to read yours, and what a treat it was to catch up on all that you guys are doing! Your kiddos are so way cute! And my sister always jokes that being a mother brings out the best of our crafty ideas. I would have to say you are quite the pro! Hugs to everyone!
Post a Comment