Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Somehow Baby Danny turned into a kid

I have been feeling guilty for not posting a beautiful timeline of photos on Danny's birthday last November. Here it is, a few months late. But hey, he is a second child! Better get used to it. :)

When Danny was born, I could not believe how fantasticly smooth and easy the whole process was. We showed up at the hospital bright and early for my scheduled induction on the day after his due date. We were moving in two weeks, and I did not need to be asked twice if I wanted my baby out. I changed, got hooked up to some pitocin, and had a baby that afternoon. There really isn't much of a story to be told! I had contractions all morning with the pitocin, but no pain at all. By noon I decided to have my water broken, but to get an epidural first. A little after 3:00 I started pushing, and at 3:38 our little boy was born!

We were shocked to see how big he was-- 10 lbs 2 oz! Of course, I felt like a hippo/whale/elephant/other enormous and ungainly animal, but doesn't everyone? He wore size 1 diapers from day 1, and never got to wear some of his newborn clothes. :( He was big, but at the same time, so tiny and precious. His face was puffy and swollen for the first two days. We loved him like crazy, but we both admitted to being relieved when the swelling went down and he started to look even more adorable. :)

Just like with Rayna, it took us a little while to get used to his name. We took a few days after both of our kids were born before we picked their names. Part of it is because we like to see them, but a bigger part is that we just can't agree on any names! But after a few weeks it was stuck-- he was Danny and we were so in love with him!

It has been the funnest thing to learn about him and see his personality develop. He goes from goofy to shy, from intense to mellow, and from happy to mad all day long. He loves playing with Rayna, reading books (his favorite two books a million times in a row) and practicing his newest skill: running! He loves spotting animals and making their sounds. He understands just about everything we say to him (be careful with the word "popsicle," it starts a scary ball rolling if you don't actually have a popsicle handy), and can say "ball" and "quack." He can sign "please," "more," "drink," and "binky" like nobody's business.

Danny, you are our favorite little boy and we love you to pieces!!!

Still inside, but not for long...

I basically felt like this the entire time

The nurse said, "You don't look like you just had a baby," and I said, "Seriously, I don't feel like it!"

November 4, 2011

He was so tiny, with a huge squishy face
1 month

2 months

3 months

4 months

5 months

6 months

7 months

8 months

9 months

10 months

11 months

12 months

13 months

14 months

15 months

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammy LOVES that boy!!

Marcie said...

I do recall thinking that Danny looked like a baby Japanese Sumo wrestler when we saw his newborn picture. It is crazy how just a few days can change a little baby's appearance. And ten pounds! I forgot about that. You are one strong mama to carry around all that baby.

Kimber said...

Love those rubber bibs ... oh, and your adorable boy!