My mom came for a visit this month, and it was everything we dreamed it would be! Here are a TON of pictures, most of them from while she was here.
Danny lounges in his bathtub like this every single day. I love it! The arm hanging over the side, the washcloth in the mouth, feeling pretty relaxed in his manly pink tub.
We fed the ducks, and did our best not to let the geese sense our fear of them. Their scary little beaks are exactly at Rayna's eye level, which makes us all a little uneasy... haha. But seriously.
Ray and Danny LOVED being in this swing together. It was a bit of a squeeze getting them in there, but they were both laughing like crazy! (His head looks huge to me, but I promise Danny is not this gigantic in real life. See next picture for reference)
He started eating rice cereal while Grammy was here, and it was immediately clear that HE LOVES THE STUFF. He'll wolf down bowl after bowl of it, as fast as you can feed it to him.
Rayna took off running right when I took the picture, and I love that Danny is cracking up about it in the background!
We went swimming and Rayna was so brave! She went down the little slide and swam around with a noodle, all by herself.
We got in some great naps after all of our playing.
On Sunday we blessed Danny! At almost 6 months, he was one of the oldest babies I've seen be blessed at church. Back in February when we found out my mom was coming, we decided to wait and bless him while she was here. He looked SO cute in his little vest and loafers!
My mom and I maxed out our artistic skills in making playdough dinosaurs for Rayna. She's pretty easy to please, and she's got a good imagination, so it worked out. :)
We took off her white shirt so it wouldn't get lunch all over it. She loves sitting in this little seat for Danny. She climbs in and out by herself all the time, and prefers to do her playing and eating while inside. Crazy girl.
Rayna has discovered that she loves painting. The paper is a soaking wet mess when she's finished. She's a pro!
These two LOVE to see what the other is doing. Rayna asks where Danny is as soon as she wakes up each morning. She loves to do "chubby chubby," which consists of her squeezing his thighs and shouting, "chubby chubby chubby chubby!!!" while he laughs his head off.
Danny is a master grabber. He's strong and fast and will get what he wants unless you're stronger and faster!
He thinks anything in a cup belongs to him. His face is so typical of this situation. Pleeeaasse!
Rayna did makeup with Grammy every morning. I think it was the highlight of her day. Grammy was so patient to let Rayna have lotion and do "lips" and everything.
Danny was an absolute maniac in the bath the other night. He splashed and splashed, and by the time he was done there was almost no water left in his tub. You can see the water on the mirror, but you can't see the water on the floor, and the counter, and the toilet, and everything else. I couldn't put a stop to it, he was having so much fun. :)
The night after the crazy splash party I decided to try another way: bath in a bath. They loved being in there together!













6 comments:
I know I've probably said this 10 times by now, but your kids are so stinkin' ADORABLE! And Danny is looking so grown up. You made me miss my mom...we're in some serious need of a Grandma visit. Cute pictures!
That is great that your Mom could come and visit! I love looking at your pictures. Richard served his Mission in Michigan and he has never been back. We will have to get there someday.
The kids loved seeing fun pictures of their cousins. We can't wait to see you guys!
I think visits from Grandmas are the best! It helps so much! And your family is so cute! I loved the picture with all of you for Danny's blessing :)
Um, can I have Rayna's swimsuit? So cute.
Danny & Rayna are SO cute!!! Wow! They are both growing up a ton! I can't wait to see them this summer!!!! Glad your Mom could come and visit. So fun!!!
Post a Comment