Saturday, March 24, 2012

Shabby to chic!

The weather here in Michigan really warmed up this week, and Rayna had only fleecy winter pajamas. I had the idea to make her a cooler nightgown out of an old t-shirt, and it turned out great! I never wear most of my old t-shirts anyway, and the material is soft and comfy and not too hot for the summer. It only took a few minutes to make, plus it was free! Can't get better than that.

The shirt, in its original glory:

Nightgown!

She loves that she gets to wear a dress to bed. Her crazy bedhead cracks me up :)

And check it out! I looked at the shirt and noticed that I wore it exactly five years ago from today! What a crazy coincidence. So many great things have happened in these five years.

5 comments:

Cami Rivas said...

Very cool :) Way to be provident! (And it's such a cute nightgown too!)

Marcie said...

That is a really cool idea. I love the ruffles.

Meghan and Randy said...

You are so talented! I love it!

Kimber said...

um, gf, where is the TUTORIAL??? Shabby chic!!!!

Gina said...

I agree with Kimber--where's the tutorial?? I'd love to make Heidi one since we have a bazillion old t-shirts lying around...good work!