Thursday, December 9, 2010

Date night

Last week I wanted to plan a fun date night for our family, so with the help of the winter season and the always lovely Groupon, we had a blast! I kept it a secret from Bowman, which if you know Bowman you'll realize is a hard thing to do.

We drove up to downtown Salt Lake and ate dinner at the Star of India. Bowman and I never ever turn down an opportunity for Indian food. We are obsessed. Rayna even ate some, but she mostly stuck to the naan and the rice, with some goldfish thrown in there too.
After dinner we walked over to Temple Square and looked at the beautiful lights. This was on our Utah "bucket list," since we're moving in July and this will (probably) be our last winter living in Utah for a very long time. (We're retiring in St. George though we decided. Well, I decided.) Rayna was such an angel, all bundled up for the cold. It was quite cold, and she was wrapped and cozy to the point that we couldn't even buckle her into the stroller, but it was okay because I doubt she would have felt anything if she had fallen out, she was that wrapped up.

Not the best picture of Rayna, but I had to document her latest obsession. She's holding her early Christmas present: BEADS. This girl goes crazy for jewelry of any kind, but most especially necklaces. She carried this around all night, even with her mittens and everything stuffed around her in the stroller.





After our walk though the lights we drove home, put Ray to bed, and watched Raiders of the Lost Ark. Bowman had never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies, and when I found out, they went to the top of our Netflix queue.

I never know how to wrap up a blog post, so..... yep, a good time had by all!

4 comments:

Cluff Family said...

What a fun date you had. We love Rayna's hat and bow. I sure had a good time going with you to the Ronald McDonald House a few weeks ago. Thanks for driving me to the airport.
Susan

Meghan and Randy said...

First of all, Stephanie, you are gorgeous! You look great!

Secondly, Rayna is so beautiful. I still stand on my decision to have Rayna and Benjamin married. Benjamin will like older women :) lol.

I bet Aunt Megan taught her how to lick the bowl :)

Such a fun idea for a date night! I love Temple Square. I'm so excited for you guys to come back here!

Michelle said...

fun little outing!!! and you've got to be kidding about the Indiana Jones thing! (the last crusade is my favorite) - I love little Rayna. You'll be in town for Christmas, right?

love ya!

sojay said...

She's so cute--all tiny inside that big fluffy snowsuit!