We moved from Virginia and I have been determinedly avoiding this blog. I can't keep up! Which makes no sense at all because neither Bowman or I are working, are in school, or have any real obligations. So today I decided to stop worrying about catching up and to just throw a bone to the masses. Here you go!
We moved and it was quite the ordeal. Near the end of the packing I lost my sanity and emptied a box the size of an oven of packing peanuts onto my living room floor. Try scooping those things back into a box.
Our first little break was in Chicago. We walked along the shore of Lake Michigan trying to find a way to Michael Jordan's restaurant. Turns out it closed ten years ago, haha. Oh well.
We also stopped to see the famous Willis (Sears) Tower. And we met up with Adam and Liz!
There is a glass box that sticks out the side of the tower up at the top. You can stand on it and feel terrified if you like that kind of thing. We do.
Bowman did a handstand because he is crazy.
We went to church with Adam and Liz and for one brief shining moment Rayna liked her binky again. It lasted about 15 minutes and then we were back to the non-binky-liking norm.
After church we got on the road again and drove to Bowman's sister's house in Minnesota.
We had SO MUCH FUN with Amy and Jake, and things got a little crazy, as evidenced by the following picture...
Their family is so awesome! We did so many fun things and we were only there for 3 days!! We picked tomatoes and zucchinis with Kate and Nate.
We went to a Japanese Hibachi restaurant.
We had a bonfire! Our smores were delicious, and we tried roasting a few other things with limited success, including poptarts, Sour Patch Kids, and licorice.
We were there for Janill and Isaac's first day of school!! They were so cute and so grown up with their backpacks and their school clothes.
After Amy's house we headed for Rexburg to visit my big little brother. He's at BYU-Idaho and I can't believe he is in college! Craziness!
He gave us the full campus tour and he had only been there for like 3 days! I was definitely still consulting my freshman orientation map of campus every few seconds at that point in my own college career.
Our final stop before coming back to Provo was Bowman's grandma and grandpa's house in Ogden. I can't get over how much I love these pictures! So sweet!
And that is the end of our trip back from Virginia. We're back now, enjoying four months of no school and no work! Vacation in Provo! Coming soon: another post showcasing the many faces of Rayna.






















1 comment:
COME BACK!! We miss you here and Benjamin needs to meet his future wife! :)
Your trip sounded so much fun! I wonder what caused Rayna to like her binky for a bit. Who knows?! Looking forward to seeing the many faces of Rayna. By the way, you look great!
Post a Comment