
Imagine with me that the background is clean and the outfit is stylish
Could you just... come out? Today? I realize that due dates aren't magic and that large numbers of people are born "late," but I'm just saying... The whole waiting thing is getting old! We've been expecting her to come "any day now" for the last 3 weeks, especially since the due date was Tuesday, but what can you do?
We thought of several methods to speed up the process. Today we went on a bike ride and I purposely went over every curb and tree root that I could, hoping it would help to jolt something, anything, into action. No luck. It just served to worsen my problems with current issue #2...
2. Pelvic joints
I'm falling apart! Lifting, twisting, using my legs in general, is a serious pain. That little joint that is circled in the picture is not working like it's supposed to! It makes sense that things would be loosening up, but still. If I'm going to be feeling all of that, give me a baby to go with it!
3. Smith's brand of Tums

Not as tasty as the real thing, but I think they work alright. I used to think that heartburn was gross and happened to people who were gross. To the world of heartburn sufferers, I apologize. And now I'm paying for my judgmental ways. P.S. never get any flavor of Tums except the wintergreen unless you want to have heartburn and gagging reflex issues...
4. The fabulous Brother XR-9000

I love this machine. Love it! I got it for Christmas, and under the patient tutelage of my mom, tentatively began sewing with it. I'm happy to say that I've progressed! It's a smart machine, and with its fancy computer, I'm pretty sure that it knows how to sew better than I do. But since I'm the human, I get to take the credit for the projects it produces! A couple weeks ago I made a nursing cover as a trial project. I was so proud of myself!

I love this machine. Love it! I got it for Christmas, and under the patient tutelage of my mom, tentatively began sewing with it. I'm happy to say that I've progressed! It's a smart machine, and with its fancy computer, I'm pretty sure that it knows how to sew better than I do. But since I'm the human, I get to take the credit for the projects it produces! A couple weeks ago I made a nursing cover as a trial project. I was so proud of myself!

This week I tried some flannel burp cloths. Again, so proud! Admire the fancy edges with me... they are as easy to sew as straight lines (because of the computerized machine's intelligence and skill), but that doesn't mean they didn't turn out lovely! I was so pleased that I actually made something useful.
beautiful fancily sewed edges
5. Oatmeal craisin white chocolate chip cookies



7 comments:
When Maylee saw the cookie picture, she said "Mmmmm." I bet the cookies were yummy. Also, I completely understand the lame waiting period. We are praying for you and your baby.
i LOVE your burp cloths...they are SO cute! and your cookies look very yummy. :) i hope your baby comes very soon.
that's funny because i actually really like tums! who likes tums? my grandpa fed them to me when i was little...that must be why. :)
miss you!
No baby yet?? Sounds like you've got a final burst of energy. Get stuff done now because once the baby arrives your days will be filled with changing diapers, feeding the baby, going to new baby checkups, etc.
You're looking good though! Hope everything goes well when the little one finally decides to show up.
Hey I just heard the news - congratulations!!!
such a cute post, and I'm so glad the baby girl is here! I am really so excited for you! yeah! Can't wait to see pictures!
You are an amazing seamstress. I want to see baby pictures!
Post a Comment