Student teaching is all but over, meaning:
- I now have time for 6+ hours of sleep -- amazing!
- We eat actual cooked food these days
- I have time to write on the blog!
Honestly, this last month has been filled with everything I could handle, plus more. It was stressful (although my mom kindly reminded me that she ranks college stress at about a 4 on a 1-10 scale. Lovely...). But we made it through! I say "we" because even though Bowman's own school and things weren't different than normal, he had to endure me when I had a zombie personality and the occasional unbrushed teeth before going to sleep.
Outside of school, we actually did some really fun stuff since the last post! In October, Bowman turned 25 and became a man! We ate good food (that I made... just bragging I guess), had some friends come over, and went to a Real Salt Lake game (courtesy of my family). It was way fun!
- I now have time for 6+ hours of sleep -- amazing!
- We eat actual cooked food these days
- I have time to write on the blog!
Honestly, this last month has been filled with everything I could handle, plus more. It was stressful (although my mom kindly reminded me that she ranks college stress at about a 4 on a 1-10 scale. Lovely...). But we made it through! I say "we" because even though Bowman's own school and things weren't different than normal, he had to endure me when I had a zombie personality and the occasional unbrushed teeth before going to sleep.
Outside of school, we actually did some really fun stuff since the last post! In October, Bowman turned 25 and became a man! We ate good food (that I made... just bragging I guess), had some friends come over, and went to a Real Salt Lake game (courtesy of my family). It was way fun!
singing the birthday song
pumpkin birthday cake
favorite present: Michael Jordan clothes for a girl. It's kind of sweet... :)
Bowman was in desperate need of new shoes, and so because I am a thoughtful and practical wife, I got him these really cool shoes. Apparently they are "girly man" shoes... "the kind you wear with tight pants." I have no idea what he's talking about. Anyway, they went straight back to the store. But I never stop trying, haha.
Real Salt Lake
We also took a trip to Boise on Halloween. I love Boise. So much. We ate more good food (our quality of life and the food we eat are pretty tightly connected) and relaxed with my fun family. And since it was Halloween, we carved pumpkins! And they turned out sweet! Mine was a werewolf, which is probably about medium-cool, but Bowman's was John Wayne, which is pretty much the coolest pumpkin ever made! (Napoleon... like anyone could even know that.)
There is no denying, that is a cool pumpkin.
After we came back from Boise we pretty much devoted life to school. I can't complain too much, since the Special Ed program really hasn't encroached on the fun in my life until this semester. But really, for three weeks I did really late nights and really early mornings and many days without pretty hair because of the time invested in schoolwork. Observations, assignments, plus the everyday stress of having to sing alone in front of a group of children... it added up.
But during those weeks I got a lot done, and finally, a large mercy came in the form of the best food holiday ever (actually it ties with Christmas for good foods, but anyway): THANKSGIVING. There are not many things better than 3 days off school, with the best food, and terrific family. We went to Ogden where we spent the break with Bowman's siblings and their families. It was so nice, and minus the time I spent doing homework, so relaxing. I volunteered to make pies and thoroughly enjoyed spending all of Wednesday baking them.
But during those weeks I got a lot done, and finally, a large mercy came in the form of the best food holiday ever (actually it ties with Christmas for good foods, but anyway): THANKSGIVING. There are not many things better than 3 days off school, with the best food, and terrific family. We went to Ogden where we spent the break with Bowman's siblings and their families. It was so nice, and minus the time I spent doing homework, so relaxing. I volunteered to make pies and thoroughly enjoyed spending all of Wednesday baking them.
On the Saturday after Thanksgiving we went to the BYU-Utah game where Bowman almost herniated 4 times. Our seats were pretty dang good, and of course when it was all over, we were on the field with the rest of the BYU crowd. I'll skip the description of my pregnant self climbing/crashing over the fence around the field. I made it and the baby still lives, so that's a relief. It was really fun, and I'm so glad we went! Do you realize that was the last college football game I'll go to as a student? Ever? Sad! ...but not, but still...
Bowman raising his hands in praise of football
So now I am pretty much caught up to the present. My student teaching assignments are turned in, so now I just look forward to a few weeks of low-stress teaching, then Hannah's wedding, then Boise for Christmas, and then the baby! Life is good!
5 comments:
Ha, ha...I like how you mentioned food in just about every paragraph of that blog post. You are truly a blood relative in the Ohsiek line :) The pies looked delicious!
haha, I thought the same thing as I was reading your blog!
You baked all those pies?? Maybe you should looking into the pie business...
i liked the shoes
Looks like someone sampled the berry pie before the picture was taken. Just couldn't wait! mmmm!!
Yes, the missing piece of pie... I wasn't explicit enough in my directions
Post a Comment