Finally, the day came! And we had the ultrasound! And it's a GIRL!!!
Of course we are totally excited. And of course I am posting the requisite ultrasound pictures of fuzzy black and white stuff that only the proud parents can identify.
However, I took the liberty of adding notes so that everyone can enjoy my favorite picture of her. The still shot doesn't do it justice. Here is what happened: Bowman and I were watching in fascination as the ultrasound man was sweeping the thing across my exposed stomach. We were looking at her profile when her little arm suddenly raised up and she stuck her tiny fingers in her mouth! And we saw her mini lips sucking on her mini fingers and we agreed that of course our child is the cutest and smartest child to ever exist.

I realize my outlining is somewhat professional-looking. I should explain why I think placentas are disgusting (hence the "nast"). I hear the word and all I can think of are the traditions of making it into a stew/burying it to grow trees, etc.
And as long as I'm writing a blog post, I though I'd share some pictures I finally downloaded off the camera. Just a few pictures from here and there since the last post.
So, I have yet to post any belly pics, partly because of my dislike for both of the words (belly = gross and pic = nerd alert) and partly because until recently, there has been nothing exciting about them. But now, at 25 weeks, I am at the point where I tell strangers I'm pregnant and 100% of the time they respond, "Oh, I though so but I didn't know how to ask!" which translates as: "You look, uh, stocky, but I was thinking it could go either way here."
5 weeks, right after finding out

25 weeks (ignore my strange outfit... I have limited clothing choices these days since I'm in the awkward between-regular-and-maternity-clothes stage)

We went to dinner on our anniversary (2 years!) at a place with our new favorite food: pho. Try it. And then tell me how to pronounce it because I don't know the right way.

Also, no big deal, but... we flew an airplane because Bowman is a genius and thinks of these kinds of things as surprises for me. I know, he is the best. So... we flew this plane for real, as in taking off and landing and steering and wearing the headsets. All the important things. And I understand all of Elder Uchtdorf's talks on a much deeper level, because I have experience with that kind of thing now.

We drove on a terrifying highway to get to Yellowstone called the Bear Tooth Highway. I may or may not have gripped my seatbelt the entire way, except when we got out to take this picture.
Bowman being mature about the fresh geyser air of the caldera:
We also went wakeboarding with Bowman's lovely uncle, aunt, and cousins. I am a bad wife and didn't do photographic justice to Bowman's skill. Here is my best shot of his wakeboarding:

He is a better picture-taker than me (probably because he's able to keep from squealing in fear and delight as we speed along in the boat, which seems to be my main problem) and was able to take a rare picture of me leaving the wake.

We went to the football game last weekend and froze but had a good time anyway.

So you are now updated on what we've been doing, and you probably feel satisfied that you know all the good stuff I've been keeping from you. Well, it's all out!
4 comments:
Haha, your outlines were quite professional looking. And very helpful. :)
Um, I've never heard the one about making a stew...
i love all the updates and your stomach (not belly) is beautiful. maybe i should just say your uterus looks good to be politically correct. we miss you guys. i really love hearing what you guys are up to. yeah for a girl! i a so jealous!
Wait, why is belly a gross word? That's you at 25 weeks? You'll be a cute tiny pregnant woman.
The ultrasound is very exciting! When we had ours, Hugo was waving his hand.
Post a Comment