Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our Plans

After months of deliberation and anticipation, we now have PLANS for this summer! So I don't ramble aimlessly and forget important details, this is a numbered list of our summer to-do list:

1. Move away from The Basement forever!


This picture is of our kitchen table in the midst of some sort of feast. It was taken while sitting on the bed. Behind the sheet in the background is our closet. (This is to give an idea of the large amounts of open space we've been living in.)

2. Pack up our car with all things important, and embark on a 32-hour road trip to Fairfax, Virginia!


It's right outside of Washington, D.C. and everything else important that we've never seen before! Plus we will be living in a luxuriant apartment with all the hook-ups we never imagined people have! Hello to 950 square feet! (I have no concept of square footage but I do know that's more than we're currently working with.) Plus, it's cute, and that is important to us (well, me).

3. (Stephanie only) Start classes at George Mason University!

After a lot of asking, applying, convincing, hoping, and not being able to believe it worked, I will become a visiting, non-degree seeking student at GMU! What will I do without the Wilk and the bounty of LDS authors in the library that I've grown so accustomed to?

4. (Bowman only) Begin a prestigious internship at the famous ExxonMobil! He will be on a lovely nine to five schedule and we'll play every evening! Yay no more homework! (I'm pretending I won't have any I guess...)


5. (Stephanie only) Board a lonely plane in Baltimore (did you know there are a million airports around Washington?) and fly back to Provo at the end of June. Sometimes it doesn't work out to take all your classes at another university I found out... so I'll be back in Provo all by my lonesome from the end of June until the middle of August.

6. (Stephanie only) Board a cheerful flight back to my love in Virginia after school ends in August.

7. Together we will repack our valuables and make the long trek back to our home in Utah, except not The Basement home, a new and safer home that we haven't found yet! I'll update on it's features once I know them.

So isn't that exciting? We are becoming Easterners! Do you think they'll tell us we have accents? I think our biggest adjustment will be the humidity. Back in November when I learned the internship would be in Virginia, from June to August, I had flashbacks to the time we took a family vacation to Florida when I was in high school. Getting off the plane, Ben, Megan, and I all had the same reaction: "Can't--breathe--under--water!" Our lungs were saturated. Plus, Bowman hates when his hair gets frizzy... ha.

So, in case I become overloaded during the tornado of finals/moving/piano recitals/weddings/other things and I don't write again until I'm drowning in humidified Atlantic Ocean water, my next post will include details on our plushy Eastern-style apartment! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

maria said...

Wow Stephanie that sounds so exciting! You should do lots of sightseeing while back East - all the DC stuff, Monticello and Civil War sights, plus I think they have some good amusement parks if you're into that kind of thing.

Enjoy your new digs, and hopefully you can get something get something bigger/better than a room when you get back to Provo.