Rayna went straight into the bath this morning on account of a less-than-leak-proof diaper. She was in the bath and I was in the kitchen when I heard the whiny cry that means she's unhappy, but not hurt. So I walked back to see what the trouble was, and discovered Rayna standing up, crying, and pointing to the offending items floating in the water. POOPS. Ahhhh!!! So I snatched her out (can't have someone in there swirling things around) and grabbed my beloved rubber gloves and her sand shovel. I scooped, flushed, took all the toys out, and drained the water.
 |
| Absolutely disgusting, but worth documenting, right?! |
When I had the tub refilling with steaming water and bleach, I started to relax a little. Bleach is very soothing, don't you think? I like to use it when doing dishes, because even though Bowman tells me it makes the house smell like a swimming pool, I think it smells like a peaceful, germ-free oasis. I love bleach! So with my wits slowly regathering, I put a fresh diaper on Rayna and went back to throw all the toys into the bleach water.
But apparently my destiny with the poop hadn't been met quite yet, because as I was cleaning the toys, I stepped into something (since turned) cold and perfect for squishing between toes... Yes, obviously Rayna hadn't been finished when I took her out and set her on the bath mat. So I immediately started into my own whiny cry, mostly drawn out words like, "Ooooohhhhhhh myyyy goooooosshhhh.... grrroooooosssssss..." And my anxiety gave Rayna some anxiety, so we were both sittting there, freaking out together, as I wiped poop out from my toes.
We're okay now. I soaked my foot in the bleach and felt much better afterward. Rayna has since calmed down. We're clean, happy, and sitting in a house that may smell like a swimming pool to some, but it smells like heaven to me.
9 comments:
Too funny! I have to agree, it's the smell of obliteration of all germiness. Although, don't kill me, bleach + dishsoap = toxic fumes. Solo-baby + bathtub = major dangerous...I know you're an awesome mom.
Steph, I'm laughing so freaking hard right now. You and Mike should hang out and bleach stuff, he loves the stuff too. Me, not so much.
This story was CLASSIC!
So gross! Everyone's got a poo story, but I haven't stepped in it... yet
YUCK!!!!
I love it!!! Steph, I am totally the same way! I love wiping our kitchen down with bleach! I don't trust that something is clean until it smells like bleach:) Thanks for sharing your funny story!
Okay, this is a perfect post for me to read on mother's day! Love it! Isn't it funny how little ones are scared of their own poop - hilarious! :)
Thanks for sharing! I definitely needed a laugh and I am laughing so hard right now.
That was hilarious, I'm so glad you documented it. It will be fun talking about these things when Rayna is older.
Hahahah I love this. That poop in the tub picture is definitely going in Rayna's wedding slideshow!
Post a Comment