Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Our camera is being repaired

... so I have no new pictures to post. But Rayna is doing such cute things I had to share anyway.

- She now says "mama," "dada," and "uh oh." She most often says Dad, Dada, Daddy, but "uh oh" is a new one and it is so cute to hear her say it when she drops something.

- Rayna loves everything to do with animals. She will see a dog from 50 feet away and instantly start straining against the straps of her stroller. I never even see the dogs until I notice her fighting to get out, and then I look over and see them. She also makes the "sounds" for an elephant and a fish. Fish don't make noise, I realize, but we ask her, "What does a fish say?" and she opens and closes her mouth like a guppy. One animal she HATES is a little toy monkey we have. She is terrified, poor baby. If you pull the legs it makes a screeching monkey noise which is a recipe for instant hysterics. It's sensitive too, so if you accidentally bump it while reaching for something else it will go off. I don't know why we still have it, she hates it so much. We should just give it away!

- She started standing on her own a few days ago. It only lasts for a second, maybe, but she's getting close to walking. She already pulls herself up to anything stable, including my legs while I'm in the kitchen, so that we end up "dancing" together over to the sink so I can wash my hands and pick her up.

- Rayna is in love with anything and everything that has buttons. Computer, cell phone, remote control, calculator, tv... Cell phones are like dogs. I'll be holding her when all the sudden she will start trying to bail out of my arms, pushing off my chest and trying as hard as she can to leap out. At first I didn't know what she doing it for, but now all I do is look around to see who around me has their phone out. She has eyes like a hawk!

- Her sleeping has been so good lately. For the last six or seven months she has usually woken up once or twice during the night to eat and go back to sleep, but for a week or so now she has sleep all night, from 9 pm to 7 or 8 am. A few of those nights have even been in her carseat. We are horrible parents! Haha. If she falls asleep in the car on the way home, we just keep her in there, but I think she likes it. She's in nice and snug, so I think she can't move around and wake herself up.

- She's a little wary of strangers, especially men, but she's pretty easily won over. All someone has to do is have a necklace or a cell phone and they become instant friends. :)

Hopefully our camera will come back from the repair shop soon!

3 comments:

Meags said...

Hey Stephanie! I know this is kind of a lame way of contacting you guys but this was the only info I had... =P
Baby is SOOO big. She's such a cutie!
Anyway, Nell was wondering:
"How's Bowman and Stephanie doing? Do you keep up with their blog? If you ever get a chance, can you ask Bowman what's his sister's name (first and last), what ward she belongs to and what city she lives in please? Before the mish he told me she lives in MN."
I hope you and Bowman are well. XOXO

Marcie said...

This is such a fun stage of life. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Meghan and Randy said...

I miss you guys! Rayna is growing so fast and how awesome to hear her say mama, dada, and uh-oh! Cute! That's great that Rayna has been sleeping through the night! Not to brag but Benjamin has been sleeping through the night for the last 2 1/2 weeks. I know, I know. :)

lol Love you!