Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween in Boise

We planned to visit Boise for Halloween and we were so excited! My mom and Megan picked out the CUTEST costume for Rayna: a little softy ladybug suit with stripey little tights. Cuter costumes do not exist. So we left Provo and made it to Brigham City (2 hours away) when I realized.... the costume. It was still in Provo. Because I was being braindead while I packed and I FORGOT it. I held back my tears and called every Costco between Brigham and Provo to see if I could buy a replacement and save myself some time driving back to Provo, because hello, I could not show my face in Boise without that costume! Alas, every Costco (there were 8) was out of them. So, what do you do? Drive back to Provo, obviously, but if you have a kind-hearted brother-in-law who breaks into your house for you and gets the costume and meets you partway between the two cities, you save yourself an hour or so of driving. Thank you Hyrum!!! (His reward is coming tomorrow.... Hint: those cinnamon rolls. Okay, that wasn't a hint, it was just saying what it is, but he doesn't read this anyway, haha)

So long story, uh, long, we finally made it to Boise, WITH the costume, and we had a blast. Pictures!

 Rayna was SO HAPPY out on the trampoline. I thought she would try to crawl off, since that's what she does when she's on the bed or the couch, but she stayed put in the very middle of the trampoline and played with leaves for a long time. So cute!
 We raked up leaves and Bowman gave the scraggly hedge a haircut.
 Rayna loves my mom so much. Rayna would always push off my chest and reach for my mom. That's what grandmas are for I guess. :)


 After we raked up this huge pile there was only one logical thing to do: exploit our baby for photo opportunities. She's used to it.... I wasn't a fan of getting down into the leaves for a picture. I explained that there are bugs and all sorts of stuff in there that you don't know about, but everyone (Bowman and my mom) insisted that there were not. Later we showed the pictures to my dad and his first reaction: "You got in there with the bugs??" Arg! I knew it!

 Megan (my sister) had a party at her work (a tutoring center), so we dug out the kimonos and went to party with the elementary school kids!
Megan was Tinkerbell, to make up for the years of wearing "un-cool" costumes growing up, haha. Now that she's 17 she can choose her own costume. Ben, home for the weekend from BYU-I, being a typical Asian. He didn't even need to dress up.
 Rayna ate the craft supplies while Megan and I beat the other little kids in the games and contests... hahaha. But we really did.
 On Saturday night we took Rayna out for the rounds. We didn't collect candy, just shamelessly showed her off to adoring friends and ward members. She's so cute!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

the costume was TOTALLY worth the extra hours in the car! so cute!

Gina said...

What a fun Halloween! Rayna looked absolutely adorable! I agree with Michelle, totally worth the extra hours to get the costume :).

Marcie said...

I'm glad that it all worked out!

Mary Susan said...

So cute. Ali had an almost identical ladybug costume too for Halloween. The only difference was the front of it. I love cute little ladybugs!