We have been getting ready for Christmas around here! This will be the first Christmas we've spent at our own house, and we're really excited! Rayna and Danny love all the decorations and preparations. Personally, I've been getting in the mood by listening to this song on repeat for the last month:
It's so catchy! My family knows I have a habit of listening to a favorite song waaay too many times in a row. ("Complicated" by Avril Lavigne and several songs from the Now That's What I Call Music 9 CD are forever ruined thanks to my 13-year-old self...) I can't help it! Even when I start to get sick of the songs myself, I can't stop! Not sick of this one yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. :)
Both kids love having a Christmas tree. I wasn't sure we'd even be able to have a decent tree, considering Danny's impressive skills of destruction, but he has surprised me! Other than the random ornament that gets knocked off, he's left the tree alone.
Santa came to visit our library one night. He read stories and sang songs with the kids before they lined up for a turn on his lap. There were a ton of kids, so we had fun killing time while waiting for our turn. Rayna wore her adorable Christmas shirt that my mom made for her.
True sibling love
Danny was obviously terrified.
But Rayna was perfectly happy to chat with him about Christmas things. Her Christmas request this year is for a "medium Pluto" to match her big Minnie and Mickey.
We decided to make some fun treats for our ward Christmas party this year. This penguins were cute, and (mostly...) worth the effort they took.
These reindeer were much more my style. Easy, cute, impossible to mess up.
I am always amazed to see how big my kids look while they're sleeping. Danny is getting totally attached to both of the blankets in this picture. He is very clear: do not remove him from his crib without them. I saw him sleeping like this, with both hands behind his head, and I had to take a picture.
Here's Danny when he's not so peacefully sleeping... He was awake one night at 11:00 for no good reason. Normally, this would be upsetting, but he's just so cute!
Rayna pretends with her toys all day. Can you see the tiny little dots at the top of the blanket? She tucked her little Squinkies into bed.
All of Danny's best cupboards got locks put on them (mean parents!), so he has resorted to unloading the refrigerator when he gets the opportunity.
The kids LOVED sitting up on the counter while I frosted cookies. Danny helped himself to cookies, and Rayna helped herself to frosting. She probably (meaning definitely) double-dipped in that frosting bowl. Sorry home/visiting teachees! (Haha, only kidding, she is licking the leftover frosting, don't worry.)
A highlight of this Christmas season has been this Little People nativity set that Grandma and Grandpa Burton sent. Both kids adore playing with it.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
Rayna and Danny wore their fancy Christmas outfits to church the Sunday before Christmas.
Here is Danny, mid-wobble. He is getting pretty good at walking these days!
My sister Megan was shocked to hear that we have a Christmas tree, and lights, and other Christmas decorations at out house. So Megan, here is your proof that we are normal, Christian Americans who participate in Christmas:
lights on the house
tree
nativity
sign I made at craft night
wreath
And to finish off the post, here is one of my favorite videos of Rayna and Danny and their new game: wrestling each other on our new rug. Anaconda squeeeze! Be prepared for some high-pitched happy sounds throughout. :) (There's even some bonus footage at the end of Danny walking.)



























4 comments:
Very cute! I especially enjoyed the wrestling video
You have been one busy woman. I like your rug. I am jealous. We need one but just can't quite spend the money on one. I should say, I can, but someone else is having a hard time. Anyway, I love your post!
Hi Steph, this is from mom. I LOVE this post. Such darling pictures. My fav is the one of Ray hugging Danny from behind - round his NECK. Poor guy was being choked but didnt' seem to mind:) Glad to see you do celebrate the holiday!
I listen to my favorite songs over and over, too! Don't be ashamed! The little nativity looks so cute! Almost as cute as your kids in their Christmas outfits.
Post a Comment