Sunday, December 18, 2011

At long last :)

I have let my blog psych me out for too long! I'm here, and I'm going to post some pictures of my cute baby, no matter what gets in my way! The short version of the story since the last post goes like this:
Danny was born.
He is adorable.
We left Virginia. :(
We visited our families for Thanksgiving.
We moved to Michigan!

Here's a tip. Never have a baby and move in the same two weeks. We have done this twice (we are INSANE) and I'm here to tell you that it will not be happening again. :)

So, here is a little photo update on life since the last post. There is less witty commentary than I'd like (I have insomnia and can't go back to sleep after midnight feedings, which means my brain is partially dead) and sadly, less pictures than I'd like too! (Somehow, my laptop which has a big chunk of pictures on it, got packed with all the stuff in the storage unit??? That whole moving/packing/shipping business was kind of crazy.) But without further ado:

Love the smooshy cheeks and fuzzy shoulders!

Just relaxing. Danny is such a good, snuggly baby, who will fall asleep on your shoulder just like you want him to!

She ADORES him. I am so relieved about this. :)


The kitty hat at the Wardles' house = instant love

Thanksgiving with the Glauser crew


Can you see that he is Rayna's twin? Future posts coming on this subject.

Relaxing with the Ohsieks



Reading stories with "Baby Bin-nun," aka her cousin Brigham. So cute!

Visiting Grandma and Grandpa Ohsiek! Rayna calls her the Elephant Grandma. If you've been to her house you know why :)

We stopped at Granny Mitchell's house to say hi! It was the end of a long day, and Rayna's hairstyle tells the story, haha.


He is such a sweet baby. So mellow, so happy, and so cute. We love him!

Bubble bath from Grandma and Grandpa Burton! She loves her "bubbos" so much.

Somebody loves painting nails, and would do it all day, every day if she could. :)

We love sleeping babies in furry bear suits around here.

Or just sleeping babies in general. :)
The kitty hat makes a reappearance in Michigan! Sorry Amy, I guess it ended up in our suitcase? We went outside to play in the snow, but someone got upset about the snow getting on her boots.

She loves eating snow, but she's still learning about the difference between the clean and dirty kinds.



I love Danny's perfectly round belly. I don't love his sad little cheeks being covered with acne. Poor little guy.

Can you believe the boy smiles?? It's my favorite thing in the world!

So there you have it, an update! I had more pictures than I remembered, even with the missing laptop.

These days we are finally getting our feet back under ourselves. Rayna and Danny are buddies. Bowman and I are figuring out the whole "being the parents of two kids" thing. We're looking for houses and getting used to the accents, the cold weather, and the Michigan left turns. (What in the world are these things? Michigan people, explain to me!!) We like it here, and we're really excited to settle into real life. :)

Here's to more frequent posts in the future!!!

4 comments:

Nora said...

Yay!!!!! A post! We miss you guys so much! Rayna and baby Danny look so cute! As soon as I started looking at this post Reagan pointed to the screen and said Wayna! So I've decided that you look like your grandma Oshiek! Oh my goodness! Thats where you get your dark features. I love it! Well we're glad you're getting settled in Michigan now. One of these days we'll have to come visit you. Seriously!

Michelle said...

hey lady, so I love this post, all the pictures....love it. still can't believe you're in Michigan. that's nuts! your little boy is sooooooo cute!!!!!!!! I love him already! i'm happy for you guys! love you!

Gina said...

Haha, I "lol-ed" about the Michigan lefts! I totally thought the same thing when I first drove out there. You'll get used to them. Can't wait to see you soon! And your kids are ADORABLE!! Love all the pictures. I want to squish Danny's cheeks!

Marcie said...

Love the new look and the update. Danny sure has changed since we saw him last. He smiles? Wow--you must be a great mom! My kids will love seeing the pictures! I hope all works out with the house hunting. We hope to see you during Christmas.