First change: our little Rayna Baby

She is so stinkin cute. We seriously can't get enough of her. Every time one of us is holding her, it's "Hey come look at this face!" or "Quick, she's so cute right now!" and "Get the camera!" She just brings so much extra happiness into our lives. Never mind that it takes us double the time to go anywhere. (Feed her, change her, gather up her stuff, repeat all of that 3 times, and then we can get in the car.) She is totally worth the trouble.
I love that I get to stay home and enjoy her all day. Life would be so sad if I had to leave her. I won't lie, I don't always adore every second of having a new, helpless person around all the time, but I wouldn't give her up for the world. I love that Bowman comes home from work and rushes to pick her up. He adores her. They're so cute!
Second change: TexasYou never meet a person from Texas who doesn't love it, you know? So I had high expectations for this place. I don't want to sound all crabby, because there are good things here, but I wouldn't call it paradise. First of all, what's up with the roads? Texas is a big place, and this is just one little town, but can I just say, we've missed the first half of sacrament meeting, two weeks in a row now, because we've spent 30 minutes searching for the church building. And we're not brain dead (when it comes to directions at least...), the roads are just that confusing.
But on the upside, the weather here is awesome. We wore shorts and t-shirts this weekend. So nice. Most of the time you need a jacket, and it's been a little windy, but no everlasting snow like Provo. Hooray!
We went to the beach last week and checked things out. It was getting dark when we went, so we'll have to go again to see it in the daylight. It looked cool, but I was a little freaked out by the houses down that way. They're all on stilts! If you have to build your house on stilts so it doesn't flood, maybe it's not a good place for a house... The elevation where we live is 13. Not 1300, just 13. Holy smokes!
6 comments:
When Maylee saw the first picture of Rayna, she said, "Tiny." Maylee misses her "tiny" cousin.
I want more pictures of your new baby and house! She is so cute!
I am so happy that your life is so wonderful and new and exciting right now! Rayna is amazingly adorable and I must say I'm pretty sad that I haven't seen her yet!
I'm so glad you made it down to TX okay. It sounds like it will be quite the adventure. :) You and Bowman sure make cute kids! She is beautiful!!! Love the bow too :)
such a cute little post...and that is a great picture of you and your little one. I know what you mean about the stilts...I remember that when I was in Texas, and it was nuts. I'm glad you are mostly enjoying it. Do you go from Texas to Virginia, or back to Utah in between? I can't believe all this moving around! your baby is so beautiful
She looks like she's already grown so much!
Post a Comment